Working With Thought Leaders to Deliver Business Results
"You trained us with very helpful material and insights"
R. B., International Senior Medical Science Liaison Manager
There are good reasons to work with key opinion leaders:
Doctors trust each other more than they trust pharma companies.
External experts add credibility to your communication -
always provided you have the evidence from clinical trials.
Identifying and engaging experts and key opinion leaders is essential
to the success of new therapeutic principles in the healtcare market.
It is of vital importance to select the appropriate internal people and
the right key opinion leaders. This requires a certain mindset as well as
structures and processes. Companies must also adopt a culture of transparent
collaboration with KOLs.
Why This Workshop?
The MSL/KOL relationship has become crucial to the success of companies.
Experienced medical science liaison professionals (MSLs), medical advisors and
other industry professionals cooperating with key opinion leaders are of pivotal
importance in realizing the full medical and commercial value of prescription drugs.
This workshop offers you the advice, knowledge and insight that can help you update
and enhance your expertise and thus become more valuable to your company.
Impact and Comments: Testimonials from previous pharma workshops
How to Evaluate your Professional Success
MSL Job Description and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Download presentation charts discussed at the workhop
Items to Consider For Your KOL Strategy
Here are some questions to ask when developing a KOL strategy:
- Why are KOLs important to you?
- What would the ideal situation look like?
- What are the benefits for the KOLs?
- How do you ensure compliance aspects?
- Which software or database will you use?
- How will you define and measure success?
You will update your expertise and strengthen your skills to
- Adhere to compliance aspects and legal regulations
- Identify and approach candidates
- Start a mutually beneficial professional relationship
- Develop human rapport with external experts
- Nurture and maintain fruitful relationships
- Engage naturally with key opinion leaders
- Establish long-term forms of cooperation
- Estimate the relative value of your investment
- Develop a successful KOL management program
- Inform and advise your internal colleagues
Röntgenstraße 6, 53177 Bonn (near Cologne) in Germany
Our workshops are energising learning experiences where you update
your practical skills and your professional know-how emphasising:
- Solutions: Original insights using real-life case studies
- Results: Recommendations for maximising your impact
- Success: Practical tips for effective implementation.
Informal style. Casual attire recommended.
You Receive the Best from Günter's Writings
Articles and columns in journals and newspapers
Flyer: Succeed with Know-How
Making Marketing Work For You
Book "Successfully Marketing Clinical Trial Results: Winning in the Healthcare Business", Gower Publishing, London
(Your personal copy and a CD is included)
Book "Erfolgreich im Pharma-Marketing", Second edition, Springer Science+Business (Succeed in pharma marketing)
Book "Erfolgreich als Medical Advisor und Medical Science Liaison Manager", Springer Science+Business
(Succeed as Medical Advisor and Medical Science Liaison Manager)
Günter Umbach, M.D., is a board-certified gynecologist, a former research fellow at
the University of Texas, a Senior Associate of Management Centre Europe, a guest
lecturer at several universities and a professional member of the Global Speakers
Federation and the Institute of Management Consultants USA.
Clients in twelve countries include pharmaceutical and medical device companies as
well as advertising agencies, clinical research organisations and communication firms.
They profit from his experience as medical advisor, medical director and marketing
director in the pharmaceutical industry.
Interviews, articles, videos, and three business books published in three languages
illustrate how to benefit from scientific data, strengthen your brand and succeed in
the healthcare market. For free tips, please visit
The course is limited to five participants. This ensures a dynamic, interactive workshop.
This program is also available as
- Customized in-house seminar
- Personal consulting session
- German-language event
Each participant will receive a certificate.
Coffee: 08:45 - 09:00
Official Workshop: 09:00 - 17:00
Option for informal discussion: 17:00 - 17:15
Snacks, coffee, lunch and refreshments are included.
- 1000 (one thousand) Euro
- 600 (six hundred) Euro for every additional participant from the same company
- Add VAT
Reserve Your Place Now
Join us for an intensive program of professional improvement
Click here to register online